In the last few days Google has introduced four new attributes for your Google My Business listing.
This new round of attributes is geared specifically towards business with online services. Business can now add the following attributes to their Google My Business listing:
- Online Care
- Online Appointment
- Online Estimates
- Online Classes
For example, here is how the “online appointments” attribute appears in a live Google search:
While these attributes are designed to highlight the new features of businesses as they migrate online, it’s important to note that not all businesses will have these attributes available in their Google My Business account. Google caters their attribute options to relevant businesses. For example, a restaurant is not going to have these attributes available because it’s unlikely that it would offer online learning, appointments and more.
Why is this important?
These attributes will allow businesses to appropriately highlight their services and current offerings during a time when customers are unsure of what businesses are operating. Additionally, adding these attributes let businesses stand out among competitors in search results.
How to Add Attributes
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Select the location you’d like to edit.
- From the menu in the left sidebar, click “Info.”
- Scroll down to find “Highlights: Add Attributes” and click “Edit.”
- Scroll through all the available attributes for your business, and click on your selections. Remember only relevant attributes are available for your business.
- When you’re done updating your attributes, click “Apply.”